This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cost Plus World Market. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are celebrating National Soup Month with a hearty and healthy soup recipe. With the below average temperatures and snow storms happening across the US, curling up with a warm bowl of Minestrone Chickpea Pasta Soup sounds amazing!
This soup recipe is vegetarian and features delicious plant-based ingredients. The chickpea pasta is a great gluten-free alternative. This soup can easily be made in one pot in just 30 minutes. It’s a great recipe the whole family can enjoy while getting their daily dose of veggies and help jump start a healthy lifestyle for the new year.
This is a traditional minestrone soup with the addition of chickpea pasta. The chickpea pasta is a great gluten-free alternative. In addition, fresh seasonal vegetables are used to complete the soup recipe like kale, sage and thyme. Other ingredients include chopped onion, carrot, and garlic.
I went to my local Cost Plus World Market in Shiloh, IL and they had a cute display setup will tons of soup fixings and it was easy to find all the ingredients for this Minestrone Chickpea Pasta Soup recipe in that one area of the store.
There is very little prep work and cleanup with this Minestrone Chickpea Pasta Soup, making it a great recipe to cook during busy weeknights. My husband works late a lot of times so I have to go ahead and make dinner for my daughter and myself before he gets home. I love this recipe because he can easily heat it up on the stove when he gets home.
I love and eat soup all year round and I just love how fresh this recipe tastes. You can enjoy this soup anytime of the year!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 1 medium carrot, small dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 14oz cans finely chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 box chickpea pasta
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- In a large, dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots to the pot and stir. Saute until onions are starting to become translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sage, thyme, chili powder, garlic, and tomato paste to the pot and stir. Once the tomato paste is evenly distributed and the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season the vegetables generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock to the pot. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Add the pasta to the soup and continue simmering until pasta is tender and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale to the soup and place the lid on the pot. Let the soup simmer until the kale is wilted and bright green, about 2 minutes. Check the soup for seasoning. Serve the minestrone hot.