Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Tart is a quick and easy no fuss dessert recipe. It’s made with just a few ingredients and is great topped with powdered sugar and caramel.
Hello there! We had a great time viewing the total solar eclipse this week and we celebrating by eating an Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Tart and homemade lattes. This tart recipe is so simple and easy to make but it look so impressive and tastes delicious. Apples are almost in season and this is one recipe you have got to try out!
The great debate when is comes to apple recipes are which apples are the best to use. For this Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Tart recipe I used Honeycrisp but I say use whatever red apple you like to eat. This recipe makes 4 tarts which is great because it uses one box of frozen puffed pastry. If you don’t want to make 4 tarts, just halve the recipe and use only one sheet of thawed puffed pastry.
- 2 whole Sheet Puffed Pastry, Thawed And Cut In Halves
- 4 whole Apples, Cored, Halved And Sliced Very Thin
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 dash Salt
- Powdered Sugar, For Serving
- Caramel Sauce, For Serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place puff pastry sheets onto a baking pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and allow to thaw for 20 minutes.
- Core apples, cut in half, and slice very thin. Add the apples to a large mixing bowl and squeeze lemon juice over the apples. This will prevent the apples from turning brown.
- In the bowl with the apples add brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and a salt. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Arrange apple slices on the puff pastry sheets in a straight line, overlapping as you go. Leave a half inch gap on the sides to allow the pastry to puff. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from pan immediately and place on a serving platter. Serve with caramel sauce and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.