Enjoy a refreshing Blueberry Bourbon Summer Smash cocktail made with fresh blueberries, mint, lime juice, simple syrup, and bourbon.
Hello there! Today, I am sharing a classic bourbon smash recipe and is sweet, tart and oh so good. The smash cocktail gets its name from smashing or muddle ingredients in a cocktail shaker. This recipe is made with fresh blueberries, lime, simple syrup, bourbon, and sparkling wine. It is a refreshing and delicious drink to enjoy this summer.
I love using fresh ingredients when they are in season. Right now blueberries are at their peak of ripeness, so I thought I would put a twist on the classic bourbon smash and add some fresh blueberries.
- 10 whole fresh blueberries
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- ½ ounces simple syrup (1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- sparkling wine
- crushed ice
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow simple syrup to cool.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle blueberries, mint leaves, simple syrup and lime wedges together. Pour in the bourbon and shake.
- Fill cocktail glass to the top with crushed ice and pour the blueberry bourbon smash while straining. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a whole mint leaf and blueberries.
I am sharing the full recipe and directions over on SummerSalt HERE as part of their #SummersaltHappyHour series. Make sure to check out their blog, they will be sharing summer cocktails every Friday all summer long.