These Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Crinkle Cookies are a classic crinkle cookie recipe topped with a peppermint kiss making it a delicious holiday cookie.
This post was oringally shared on Barn Owl Primitives.
Hello there! The holiday season is upon us and I can’t be more excited for this time of year. Today, I am sharing an easy Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Crinkle Cookies recipe that is perfect for Christmas and cookie exchanges. These chocolate crinkle cookies are a cake like cookie topped with a tasty peppermint kiss. This cookie recipe is easy, delicious, and pretty to look at!
Christmas is all about the holiday baking at my house. I love to put on a Christmas Pandora channel and get my bake on in my tiny kitchen. I have made these chocolate crinkle cookies before and this year I am making them a bit more festive by adding a peppermint kiss to the center of each cookie. These cookies are not only pretty but the are so good!
The cake-like cookie dough is made with both wet and dry ingredients, Once all of the ingredients all well-combined, chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours. This will let the dough firm up to prepare for shaping into balls. My holiday baking just got a dose of Christmas goodness with these North Pole Measuring Spoons. You can find these cute Santa Measuring Spoons in Barn Owl Primitives kitchen decor section here.
Once the dough is chilled and firm, you need to form the cookies. I used a small round cookie scoop to scoop out 2 dozen balls. Place each ball in a bowl of powdered sugar and roll the balls to coat the outside. Placed the balls on cookies sheets that are lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies crackle. Remove cookies and place a peppermint kiss candy in the center of each cookie. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 dozen peppermint kiss candy
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flours, baking cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil, and eggs with a whisk until well combined. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place powdered sugar into a small bowl. Use cookie scoop or 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to shape dough into tablespoon-size balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies crackle. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediatle place peppermint kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down (they will melt slightly). Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes then transfer to wire cooling racks. Allow the cookies to cool completely and the kisses set.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
Thank you so much for letting me share my Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Crinkle Cookies recipe. Happy Holidays!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: