Slow Cooker Italian White Bean and Kale Soup is a delicious and easy to make hearty meal with flavorful Italian seasonings.
Hello there! Soup weather is finally here and I can’t get enough of this Slow Cooker Italian White Bean and Kale Soup. It’s made with hearty ingredients like white beans, tomatoes, quinoa, and fresh kale which is in season right now. This is a nice comfort meal that is all made in a slow cooker. It’s flavored with Italian seasonings and it’s delicious!
Kale is something that I am trying to incorporate into my diet and this recipe is a great starter to help introduce the leafy vegetable. Kale is super healthy and is in season right now. It also pairs well with the flavors of this soup.
This Slow Cooker Italian White Bean and Kale Soup recipe is so easy and is best served with a nice crusty loaf of bread. It’s great for making on busy weeknight or long weekends. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 - 32 ounces container chicken stock
- 1 - 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans -15.5 ounces each cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse the uncooked quniona and add it to a slow cooker along with 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Add in the undrained diced tomatoes and one can of undrained cannellini beans.
- Add minced garlic, chopped yellow onion, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. I typically start with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- In a blender, combine the remaining 2 cups stock with the remaining can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Wash the kale, and finely chop the kale removing the stems.
- About 15 minutes before ready to serve, add chopped kale and season to taste.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: