Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake – a delicious pumpkin cake with a crunchy cinnamon and sugar crumb topping. This recipe is prefect for fall!
This post was originally shared on Barn Owl Primitives.
Hello there! Today, I am sharing a recipe for a Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake. I have to tell you that this cake does not disappoint. If you are a fan of pumpkin, then you are going to love this recipe. Some other favorite recipes are Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies and Pumpkin Black Bean Brownies. This coffee cake is made with pumpkin puree, spice, cinnamon, and sugar. So, grab a cup of coffee and lets get to this recipe!
This Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake starts by whisking together dry ingredients which include, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. I just love these stoneware measuring cups because of the double usage as measuring cups and counter decor. You can find the darling measuring cups in Barn Owl Primitives kitchen decor section here. They will be the perfect addition to your kitchen.
In a large stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and pumpkin puree and combined until well blended. Then, slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients until smooth.
Pour the batter into a prepared 8 x 8 metal baking dish. To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix with your fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle onto the batter, making sure not to press down.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick that is inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake to cool for 1 hour before cutting. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or cold glass of milk.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 -15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- Crumb topping:
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch metal baking dish or prepare a silicone baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat softened butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat to incorporate. Add pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix with a metal spoon just until smooth. Pour the cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Make the crumb topping: combine all the ingredients and mix with your fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle onto the cake batter making sure not to press down.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick that is inserted into the center comes out clean . Cool at least 1 hour before slicing.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: