No Bake Pecan Pie Bites are a healthier version of the classic pecan pie in fun bite size balls. These bites are made with just a few ingredients and taste amazing!
Hello there! The holidays are quickly approaching and it got me thinking about my favorite pie, pecan. I love the gooey texture and taste of one of the classic Thanksgiving desserts. I wanted to make a recipe that has the same great flavors but with a lot less calories and this recipe is it. Not only are these bites tasty but they are so easy to make!
Have you ever had a pecan pie Lara bar before? They are one of my favorites and these bites remind me of those ooey gooey bars. I love the fun snack size and they are easy to pop out of the refrigerate for they perfect snack. These No Bake Pecan Pie Bites are made with just 5 ingredients and are easily made in a food processor.
Start by processing 2 cups of pitted medjool dates. I love dates because they are sweet, chewy jewels of fruit. Once the dates are processed and form a ball, add pecans and process until finely ground and form a ball with the dates. Next, add old fashion oats, cinnamon, pure maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
Once all the ingredients are processed, I use a small cookie scoop to make 2 dozen No Bake Pecan Pie Bites. Roll the mixture into balls and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to one week.
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1½ cups pecans
- ½ cup old fashion oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Place pitted dates in a large food processor and process on high for about 45 seconds, or until a ball forms.
- Add the pecans and process until the pecans are finely grounded and form a ball with the dates.
- Add remaining ingredients, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl, if necessary and process until well combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or 1 Tbsp measuring spoon, roll the mix into balls with your hands.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: