One Pot Chicken Orzo Soup is a hearty and delicious soup recipe made with wholesome vegetables, chicken, and lemon. This is comfort food at its best.
Hello there! The weather has finally cooled off and I am craving some soup. Recently, I made this One Post Chicken Orzo Soup recipe and it is so filling and healthy. This soup recipe is incredibly easy to make in just one pot. You can have a hearty and comfort dinner ready in just about 30 minutes. This soup tastes like chicken noodle soup with a burst of fresh lemon flavor.
This One Pot Chicken Orzo Soup starts out with preparing the fresh vegetables. For flavor, chop 1 large white onion, 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks, and 4 cloves of garlic. Saute the vegetables in a large stock pot over medium heat. Once the vegetables have softened, add 1 1/2 pounds of diced chicken breasts, lots of chicken broth, and orzo pasta. Let the soup simmer on the stove for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken and pasta are fully cooked. Add fresh lemon juice and chopped parsley for flavor.
Serve the One Pot Chicken Orzo Soup hot and with a piece of crusty bread. I like to freeze some of the soup so I can enjoy later on a cold and rainy day.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced (UNCOOKED)
- 8 cups chicken broth (plus more if you prefer)
- 1½ cups dry orzo pasta
- 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a large stock pot, add chopped onion, carrots, and celery along with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken, broth, and dry pasta. Bring soup to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken and pasta is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add in lemon juice and parsley. Serve hot.
I hope you enjoy this comforting One Pot Chicken Orzo Soup. Bring on the cooler weather!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: