Homemade Cinnamon Waffles with Apple Cider Syrup is an easy to make breakfast perfect for fall or really anytime!
Hello there! Um, who loves waffles? I hope you do because I am so excited to share this homemade cinnamon waffle recipe and I have even made a apple cider syrup to pour on top. The waffle batter is light and fluffy mixed with warm ground cinnamon goodness. The homemade apple cider syrup is quickly made on the stove top and is served warm with the waffles. It’s pretty amazing and great to make for fall weekends!
First I start by making the apple cider syrup. In a medium sauce pot, I add granulated sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, apple cider, lemon juice and butter. This syrup is very rich and is best served warm. Once the syrup is done making, I set the pot aside while I make the waffles.
This cinnamon waffle batter is light and fluffy. It is made with flour, white and brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, and egg whites. The egg whites are folded into the batter making them fluffy. It always fun mixing ingredients when you have a cute whisk. I recently bought this one at Anthropologie’s big summer clearance sale and I LOVE it!
I love cinnamon especially this time of year and this easy recipe is perfect because it adds it to both the waffles and syrup. All I need is a cup of coffee and my morning will be all set. YUM!
- Cinnamon Waffles:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Apple Cider Syrup:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- To make the syrup, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the apple cider and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil and boil until the syrup thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Set aside while making waffles.
- Preheat your waffle maker as directed.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together until no lumps remain.
- Pour milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract into the flour mixture, stir until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a glass or metal mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter into preheated wells. I use a ¼ cup measuring cup to pour the batter.
- Close the lid and cook 4-6 minutes or until the waffles are golden brown.
- Pour the warm syrup over the waffles to serve.
Hope you enjoy this recipe for cinnamon waffles with apple cider syrup!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: