Slow Cooker Ground Chicken and Sweet Potato Chili is a healthy make ahead comfort meal that is tasty and satisfying.
Hello there! I don’t know about you but I could eat soups and chili all year long. It doesn’t matter if it’s 100 degrees outside, sometimes I just crave a warm comfort meal. This Slow Cooker Ground Chicken and Sweet Potato Chili is a new favorite recipe. It’s healthy and it tastes so good! Now that school has started and fall will be here soon, this make ahead slower cooker chili is a must try for your family. It’s a great meal to make for busy weeknights and cool fall days.
This healthy and easy chili recipe is so good! It’s made with healthy lean ground chicken but you could use turkey if you prefer. Sweet potatoes, quinoa, black beans, and lots of chili seasonings round it out. I almost ate the whole recipe all by myself but I did freeze some for later on.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 - can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 to 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- chopped fresh parsley
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, onions salt. pepper, and garlic powder. Cook and stir, breaking up the chicken for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- In a large slow cooker, add the cooked ground seasoned chicken, chopped sweet potatoes, quinoa, chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, and black beans. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours, until the potatoes are fork tender. Serve warm with desired toppings.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my recipe for Slow Cooker Ground Chicken and Sweet Potato Chili. Cheers!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: