This delicious small batch Blackberry Vanilla Jam recipe is quick and easy to make with fresh blackberries and vanilla bean. It’s the perfect summertime jam!
This post was originally shared on Barn Owl Primitives.
Hello there! Today, I am super excited to share my Blackberry Vanilla Jam recipe. I love summertime because of all the fresh berries. One of my absolute favorite fruits is blackberries. They are both sweet and tart and they make for a great jam recipe. If making jam intimidates you, don’t worry. This recipe is incredibly easy and tastes amazing.
I live in Southern Illinois where we are lucky enough to have lots of berry patches and fruit orchards. To me, jam recipes always taste better with fresh fruit. Blackberries are in season, so it’s the perfect time to make this Blackberry Vanilla Jam.
I love this white stonewear berry basket. It’s great for storing fruits and veggies. You can find a set of 4 colorful stonewear berry baskets in Barn Owl Primitives kitchen decor section here. They will be the perfect addition to your kitchen this summer.
Start by washing and drying 1 pound of fresh blackberries. Add the prepared blackberries to a bowl along with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 1 vanilla bean. For the vanilla bean, split the bean and scrape the beans using the back of a knife.
Mash the mixture of ingredients together with a fork and sit aside to macerate for a couple of hours. This process with allow the blackberries to soak up all the wonderful flavors.
- 1 pound of fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape the bean using the back of a knife.
- Place blackberries in a sauce pot and add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla bean. Use a fork to mash the ingredients together and sit aside to macerate for a couple of hours.
- Place sauce pot with ingredients over medium heat. Bring mixture to a gentle boil stirring continuously. Cook for about 10-15 or until thickens.
- Remove jam from the heat and let cool. Store jam in glass jars in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy my Blackberry Vanilla Jam recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: