Gooey Butter Cake Bars – made with cream cheese, yellow cake mix, powdered sugar, and lots of butter, this is seriously the best dessert recipe ever!
Hello there! Growing up in the Midwest we always had dessert after dinner. One of the staples was Gooey Butter Cake Bars. This is more of a dessert bar recipe instead of a cake. It’s made with yellow cake mix and lots of butter, that’s how it got it’s name. This is one of my favorite desserts and I crave it all the time. If you have never tried gooey butter cake or even heard of it, I highly recommended making it. These indulgent little bars are very easy to make and man do they taste good. They would be great for summer parties!
These Gooey Butter Cake Bars are baked in a 9 x 13 baking dish and cut into square bars. There are two components to this dessert. The first is the crust, made with yellow box cake mix, butter, and an egg. Mix all of the crust ingredients together and press into the bottom of your baking dish. Next is the filling made with cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, more butter, and powdered sugar. Pour the filling mixture onto of the crust and bake in a preheated 350 F degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Finally, after the cake has cooled slightly, dust with even more powdered sugar and cut into bars. This is a very simple and easy recipe that just about anyone can make. No special tools are required, just amazing ingredients.
These Gooey Butter Cake Bars are so rich and creamy. The flavors are mouthwatering and this is one awesome dessert recipe!
- 1 - 18 1/4 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 - 16 oz box powdered sugar plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix cake mix, egg, and butter until well combined. Pat the crust mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth with a paddle attachment. Add eggs, vanilla, salt, and butter and beat together until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The center should still be gooey and the edges slightly brown.
- Let the cake cool slightly and dust with more powdered sugar on top. Cut into squares and serve.
Thank you for stopping by today! I really hope you get a chance to make these Gooey Butter Cake Bars. They are definitely worth it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: