Chicken BLT Spinach Wrap with spicy mayo is a delicious and refreshing lunch or dinner recipe made with simple ingredients.
Hello there! Today I am sharing a Chicken BLT Spinach Wrap recipe because lately I need some good lunch recipes. Honestly, most of the time for lunch I eat a bag of popcorn. Between taking my daughter to afternoon preschool, coming home and photography projects for the blog, then editing the photos and writing posts, I don’t really have much time to sit down and have a good lunch. So, I am trying to take the time to make healthy lunches this week. This spinach wrap is a good one to start with because it is hearty and delicious!
I have always loved BLT sandwiches. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon?! So, I am putting a healthier spin on the classic by incorporating more vegetables and chicken. If you have never tired spinach tortilla shells before, I highly recommend them. They are super tasty and you can sneak in some extra veggies that way. This spinach wrap still has the classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato, so don’t worry, you’re not missing out. I also made a spicy mayo by combine regular mayonnaise and sriracha. The sauce gives the wrap a nice kick and it tastes really good with the rest of the ingredients. To cut down on time, you could buy already cooked rotisserie chicken at your local grocery instead of cooking chicken breast in the oven. So, the only cooking that needs to happen in this recipe is baking the chicken and bacon. It’s super simple and easy.
This Chicken BLT Spinach Wrap recipe that I am sharing today makes enough for four wraps. If you have a family this would be a great lunch recipe to make and serve. Or, if you are having lunch alone like me, you can save the leftovers and heat them up the rest of the week. Since saving time is exactly what I am looking to do.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 spinach tortilla shells
- 1 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Start by cooking your bacon and chicken breast in the oven. For bacon, line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Place sliced bacon on the prepared baking sheet (do not overlap) and cook 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven or until brown and crispy. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- For chicken breast, season with salt and pepper. Placed seasoned chicken breast into a baking pan and cook in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook another 8 to 10 minutes. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes. This cook time is for 8 oz, if you have larger chicken breast, you might need additional cooking time.
- While the chicken is resting, make the spicy mayo by combining mayonnaise and sriracha in a small dish.
- For one wrap, layer spinach tortilla shell (I do not cook mine) with 1/4 cup chopped lettuce, 1/2 cooked chicken breast, 2 slices of cooked bacon, 4 grape tomatoes sliced in halves, and drizzle with spicy mayo. Fold wrap to eat.
Thank you for letting me share my Chicken BLT Spinach Wrap recipe with you. I hope you enjoy it!
What are some of your favorite quick and easy lunch recipes?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: