Carrot Cake Parfaits – easy made from scratch carrot cake and cream cheese frosting recipe layered in parfait glasses. This is seriously the best carrot cake recipe ever!
Hello there! I am so excited to share these Carrot Cake Parfaits with you today. Last year I made a batch of healthy carrot cake cookies that were great, but this year I am throwing healthy out the window and indulging in a rich, creamy, delicious cake. I am not lying when I say this is the best carrot cake I ever had. This recipe is super moist and the textures are out of this world. And, anything with cream cheese frosting is a winner. I decided instead of making a traditional cake, I would do parfaits instead. I am not the greatest at icing cakes and parfaits are a fun individual way to eat cake. Plus, you don’t have to share!
Carrot cake is such a delicious cake recipe and one of my favorites. It is super moist and has incredible texture from all the ingredients. The cake itself has a beautiful dark brown color from the spices used in the batter like cinnamon and nutmeg. The batter is very wet making a super moist cake. Some of my favorite ingredients to use for texture and flavor are golden raisins, chopped walnuts, coconut flakes, grated carrots and a secret ingredient, crushed pineapple. This carrot cake batter will completely fill one round 8 inch baking pan. It is very important to let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
While the carrot cake is cooling, I like to make my own cream cheese frosting. I love the sweet tanginess from the cream cheese for this recipe. I just think the flavor goes better with the carrot cake than traditional buttercream. It important to use softened butter and cream cheese because you want the frosting to be smooth and not chunky. This frosting is made with just 4 ingredients and is delicious.
To layer the parfaits, I start by cutting the carrot cake into 6 large slices. For each parfait, crumble half a slice of carrot cake into the bottom of a glass. I am just using stemless wine glasses. Then pipe or spoon in a little of the cream cheese frosting. Repeat both steps and top with chopped walnuts. Oh my goodness, these carrot cake parfaits are amazing! You will have to try it.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 - 8 oz canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup gold raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs until well combined. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in carrots, pineapple, raisin, coconut flakes, and walnuts until well combined. Pour cake batter into a greased 8 inch round baking pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan (about one hour).
- While the cake is cooling, add softened butter and cream cheese to a stand mixer or you can use a hand mixer and beat until smooth. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- To layer the parfaits, start by cutting the carrot cake into 6 large slices. For each parfait, crumble half a slice of carrot cake into the bottom of a glass. Pipe or spoon in a little of the cream cheese frosting. Repeat both steps and top with chopped walnuts.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy my Carrot Cake Parfait recipe. What is your favorite cake?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: