DIY Oats and Honey Face Mask – 3 ingredient homemade face mask that gives you glowing skin and also helps fight acne.
As a woman in my early thirties, I still suffer from the occasional breakout. A lot of my embarrassing acne is cause by stressed, poor diet, and sweating when I exercise. One way I like to help keep my skin glowing and acne free is by this DIY Oatmeal and Honey Face Mask. This all-natural face mask helps relieve redness and skin irritation all while leaving a natural glow to the skin. Even if you don’t have acne, this face mask recipe is a great exfoliate and leaves the skin hydrated.
Oats are one of my favorite ingredients to cook with and also use in homemade skin care products. They are also soothing and help relieve inflammation as well as irritation. Oats are a natural exfoliate and help slough off the dead skin cells.
Honey is antibacterial and is also antiseptic. Combine the oats and honey together to create a soothing face mask.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- hot water
- In a food processor, blend oats until fine powder. I have not tried this in a blender, but I am sure it will work. You just might not get a fine powder consistency.
- Remove the ground oats and place into a bowl. Add the raw honey and mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Add a splash of hot water to the mixture and stir until well combined. I like my face mask to bit on the thicker side, so I hardly add any water. It should be like a paste instead of runny.
- Apply the mask to a freshly cleaned face and let sit for about 10 minutes. I like to use mine in the shower because I always have extra and I just apply some all over my body. The steam from the shower and your clean face will open your pores to allow the mask to soak in and work.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water and cleanse your face again. Repeat 1 to 2 times per week.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you like my DIY Oats and Honey Face Mask recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: