Almond Joy White Hot Chocolate is a rich and creamy homemade hot chocolate recipe that tastes just like the candy bar.
Hello there! Who is freaking out that Christmas is almost here? I know I am. I still have presents to buy and wrap, cookies to bake and who knows what else. Today, though, I am sitting back and enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate. You guys, this Almond Joy White Hot Chocolate recipe is amazing! Seriously so good. If you love the coconut, almond, and chocolate flavor of an Almond Joy candy bar, you are going to love this recipe. This white hot chocolate is rich, creamy, and decadent and pretty to look at. This is one drink that you will want to splurge on this holiday season or anytime you are craving hot chocolate. Not only does it taste great, it takes only 10 minutes to make!
Growing up as a kid my mom always had a candy dish full of mini candy bars. Actually, she still has the same candy dish with the mini candy bars in it. Anyway, the Almond Joy was always my favorite. I love coconut anything and will be on team coconut until I die. One day I was drooling over Lemons For Lulu’s Coconut White Hot Chocolate recipe and it inspired me to make a Almond Joy White Hot Chocolate after my favorite candy bar. Holy moly is this drink amazing!
The day I was working on my recipe, I invited a dear friend of mine over to try it. Actually, I texted her a photography of the hot chocolate and she said she’d be right over. My friend loved this recipe too. I must warn you, this delicious drink has lots of coconut flavor, which I’m all about. If you have never made your own hot chocolate at home, I highly recommend it. When you use real chocolate instead of an instant packet mix, the flavors and texture can’t be beat.
This Almond Joy White Hot Chocolate recipe is one drink to share with a friend or loved one on a nice cold day.
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 8 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- whipped topping
- toasted coconut flakes
- almond slices
- chocolate syrup
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk coconut milk, half and half and vanilla sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. If you don't have vanilla sugar, granulated sugar is fine.
- Add the chopped white chocolate, coconut extract, and almond extract and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture into 2 large mugs. Top with whipped topping, toasted coconut flakes, almond slices, and chocolate syrup.
Hope you enjoy my Almond Joy White Hot Chocolate recipe. Cheers!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: