Pumpkin Black Bean Brownies – a flourless brownie recipe made with protein packed black beans and delicious pumpkin. The perfect guilt-free brownie for fall.
Hello there! Today I am sharing a recipe for Pumpkin Black Bean Brownies. These brownies are super thick and filled with melted dark chocolate and pumpkin flavors. They almost have a cake like texture and taste to them. Recently, I have been trying to watch what I am eating and have been decreasing my refined sugar intake. These brownies are perfect for when I crave something chocolaty and sweet. I am also a huge lover of all things pumpkin, so of course I had to add pumpkin and warm fall spices to the batch.
Recently, I made a batch of these pumpkin black bean brownies to take to my church bible study. It’s always nice to have a healthier option whenever there is a pot luck. Also, since I have been eating better, these brownies definitely satisfy my sweet tooth cravings. Shall we get to the recipe now?
- 3 cups canned black beans
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 brownie pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Placed the oats into a food processor and blend the oats until they form a powder consistency. Add baking soda and sea salt to the oats and blend together.
- Rinse the black beans with water and shake off the excess. This step ensures your brownies do not taste like beans.
- Add rinsed beans, vanilla extract, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree to a food processor.
- Blend until all the ingredients are creamy and smooth and the oats are undetectable in the batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks with a spoon or spatula.
- Place batter into prepared pan and spread out with the back of a slightly damp spoon. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes. Placed on a wire cooling rack before cutting.
- Place in a well sealed container.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: