Make breakfast the night before with this Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats recipe. It’s easy to make and great for a quick and hearty breakfast on the go!
Hello there! Today I am sharing an easy recipe for Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats. This recipe is made the night before and is quick to put together. No baking or slaving over the stove for this oatmeal recipe. Just a quick mix of ingredients and breakfast will be ready the next day. Overnight oats refrigerate overnight and can be eaten cold or hot with your favorite toppings. The apple, cinnamon and spices are a fall favorite!
Overnight oats are made with two basic ingredients, raw oats and a liquid, like almond milk or your favorite milk. The oats absorb the liquid overnight in the refrigerator, creating a creamy oatmeal breakfast in the morning. You can enjoy the oats cold or you can heat them up if you like. Starting your day with a heart healthy breakfast will get you full longer, diminishing unwanted cravings.
For this Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats recipe, I am using raw steel cut oats, Greek yogurt, cinnamon apple sauce, almond milk, apple pie spice, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract and chia seeds. I like to top my oats with pecans and maple syrup for sweetness and an earthy taste.
All you will need is a jar or container with a well sealed lid to store the oats overnight.
I like to eat my overnight oats cold, but if your prefer them hot, simply remove the lid from the jar and stir the oatmeal. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Then you can top the oatmeal with pecans and maple syrup.
Enjoy for a healthy, make-ahead breakfast!
- 1/2 cup raw steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk or your favorite milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Handful of pecans for topping
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar in the order as listed above. Stir until well combined. Seal the jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, stir the oatmeal and top with pecans and maple syrup.
- If your prefer them hot, simply remove the lid from the jar and stir the oatmeal. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Then you can top the oatmeal with pecans and maple syrup.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE