Hello there! Today I am sharing a delicious recipe for Carrot Cake Cookies! I just love carrot cake, especially at Easter. It is usually always a staple with my family. That or Italian Cream. This year I am trying to eat healthier so I thought I would make a cookie version of the famous cake. They are a bit healthier but still have all the same great flavors. These spicy cinnamon carrot cookies are so soft and chewy. You can’t eat just one. Sit back and grab a cup of hot coffee or a cold glass of milk and let’s get to making these carrot cake cookies!
So, this recipe is for a cake cookie, meaning these cookies are super soft and chewy. Just like eating a piece of cake, right? Cookies are great because they are a much smaller potion than cake slices. And, I have left out the icing so that will definitely save on some calories.
These carrot cake cookies have all the yummy ingredients that the cake does like sweet carrots, spicy cinnamon, raisins and sweet shredded coconut flakes. I also added honey for sweetness and instant oats for texture. If you have old fashion oats like me, just pulse the oats 5 to 8 times in a food processor.
There are two things you should note when making these carrot cake cookies.
1. When measuring the oats and flour make sure to use a spoon scoop method meaning do not scoop directly from the container. Instead, use a spoon to fill your measuring cup. This will give you the exact measurement needed for this recipe.
2. You really should chill the cookie dough mixture before baking. This will just give the cookie dough a chance to harden up a bit. Otherwise you will have a big runny cookie that does not bake correctly.
And, always remember to let your cookies cool completely before eating.
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (2 medium organic carrots)
- 1/4 cup gold raisins or regular
- 1/4 cup shredded sweet coconut flakes
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk wet ingredients together: oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the cooled melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey to the wet ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the grated carrots, raisins, and coconut flakes. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 12 rounded scoops, flatten slightly on the baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for at least 15 minutes before transferring onto a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to one week.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: