Hello there! Today I am sharing a recipe for Pasta and Steak Salad. This delicious dish is perfect for lunch and hearty enough for dinner. It’s light and refreshing. It’s a great meal anytime of the week.
Recently, I made a trip to Chicago to see my in-laws. We went to a fabulous place called Eataly. It’s this amazing Italian grocery with restaurants and all kinds of Italian food I have never heard of, like this Calamarata pasta. I had to buy some and use them in a recipe. Have your ever heard or tried this pasta before?
For this recipe I used the Calamarata pasta, New York strip steak and lettuce. Then I made a sauce that was tart and tasty.
- 1 pound New York strip steak
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 Tablespoons
- 1 pound Calamarata pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning steak and pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- Season steak with minced garlic, salt and pepper. In a skillet (I used cast iron), heat 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Cook steak 5 to 7 minutes per side. Remove the steak for the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still slightly chewy, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water, then drain pasta.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup olive oil, and dried herbs. In a large bowl toss the pasta with half the dressing and reserved pasta water. Add the lettuce and steak to the large bowl. Pour the remaining dressing and toss until well combined.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: