Alright you guys, I am sharing a family recipe with you today. This Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle has been in my family for a long time and I’ve been making it myself for years. This recipe is very easy to make and takes less than 10 minutes. I make this peanut brittle every year for the holidays and it always tastes amazing!
This recipe came from my grandma (my dad’s mom) and was passed down to me. If there’s one thing I have to make my dad for Christmas, it’s this peanut brittle. He loves it so much! I make several batches and give it to others as gifts.
This year I’m not doing a lot of holiday baking. I think I tried to kill myself last year and didn’t want to stress again this year. In fact, I’m pulling back the reins on everything Christmas this year. It’s not worth all the stress. What about you? Are you doing a lot this year?
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a microwave safe 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been greased with non-stick cooking spray, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt until well combined
- Cook 8 minutes in microwave on High, stirring after 4 minutes
- Add vanilla and butter and cook 1 minute longer on High
- Add baking soda and quickly stir until light and foamy
- Immediately pour brittle onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Spread thin
- Once cooled, break the brittle into pieces.
- I used a greased rubber spatula when mixing the brittle. Also, make sure your casserole dish and baking sheet are greased with non-stick cooking spray. This just makes clean up easier.