Hey there! Today, I am sharing a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dunkers recipe. It’s a different spin on the classic chocolate chip cookie. These cookies still have the same great taste, only they are made for easy dunking.
The holidays are approaching fast, which means it’s cookie season, right? There’s always cookie exchanges, classroom parties, and of course cookies for Santa. I just love how fun and dunkable these chocolate chip cookies are. They are super easy to make too.
Just like with any regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, first you start by creaming butter and brown sugar until nice and fluffy. Then you add salt and baking powder and beat until well mixed. Next, add eggs and vanilla and slowly add all purpose flour. Then you stir in chocolate chips and I also added shredded coconut.
To make the dough into dunkers, you transfer the sticky dough onto a floured surface and shape into a log. Then slice the log into 12 long strips. Cut down the middle of the cut strips to make 24 dunkers.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until the dunkers are nice and golden brown.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut *optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large stand mixer or mixing bowl on high, beat softened butter for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and cream until nice and fluffy
- Add baking powder and salt and mix until well combined
- Add eggs one at a time along with the vanilla extract
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add flour
- Turn off mixer and stir in chocolate chips and coconut
- Transfer the dough onto a floured work surface
- Sprinkle the dough with flour and shape into a log about 1/4 inch thick
- Using a floured knife, slice 12 long strips then make one long cut down the center of the 12 strips making 24 pieces. They dough will be sticky so you might have to wipe your knife off in between cuttings
- With floured hands, transfer the slices onto the prepared baking sheet
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until gold brown and hard to the touch
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack until cooled completely
- Store dunkers in an air tight container