Hey there friends! Today I am teaming up with some other great bloggers to share tons of Fall Harvest Ideas! Make sure you check out the other blogger’s projects later in this post. There are so many great and useful ideas for the fall season.
I’m sharing an Apple Pie Bomb recipe! It’s like having your own mini apple pie and you don’t have to share. To me fall is all about warm apple pie and ice cream. You just can’t beat it!
This recipe makes four apple pie bombs and is quite easy to make. First, you start by making your pie crust. I make mine the night before, just to same me some time. Plus, it has to chill at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. No special equipment is needed to make this pie crust. It’s just a basic butter crust that my grandma used to make. Instead of using a food processor or pastry cutter, I used two forks to cut the butter into the flour. You do want to make sure your wet ingredients are very cold. I placed the stick of butter into the freezer for about 15 minutes just to make sure it was nice and cold. I also placed a couple of ice cubes into a cup of cold water. This will help get the desired buttery flaky crust you want.
I used 4 large Honeycrisp apples, which I peeled and cored. All the apples get coated with a mixture of corn starch, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- 1 1/4 cup all- purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick chilled and diced)
- 5 to 6 Tbsp ice water
- 4 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon plus 1/2 teaspoon for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter - you might not use the whole stick
- 1/4 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- Start by making your pie crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Next, add the diced butter cubes and cut into the flour using two forks (this may take 5 mins). The butter should be pea size.
- Add the ice water one Tbsp at a time until your dough forms a ball.
- Flatten dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the granulated sugar, corn starch, salt and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Roll the peeled and cored apples into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Divide your pie crust into 4 equal pieces. Roll out each piece of dough onto a floured surface 1/8" thick or the size of the bottom of a pie pan.
- Place each apple into the center of the rolled out dough.
- Fill the inside of the apples with butter and the left over cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Carefully wrap each apple with the dough, making sure not to tear.
- Brush the pie crust with half and half then sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar and raw sugar.
- Place the apples on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is nice and brown and juices start to come out the bottom.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Want more ideas?
Check the gallery below and visit some of my blogging friends to see their awesome ideas!!