I don’t know why I have never shared this recipe with you all. I have been making energy bites for a couple of years now and these No Bake Trail Mix Energy Bites are by far my favorite! They are packed with protein and anti-oxidants which are great for post run workouts. Plus, they are a great on the go snack. Just grab a couple on your way out the door and you have a healthy and filling snack.
I’m a huge trail mix fan. I buy pre-made or ingredients to make my own every single week when I go shopping. I just love all the different varieties of flavors and textures. These energy bites seriously take less than 10 minutes to make. You have got to try them.
For this recipe is used 1/2 cup each of the following: dried cranberries, chopped pretzels, dried blueberries, sunflower seeds and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Those are all my favorite trail mix ingredients.
To act as a binder to hold all of the trail mix ingredients together, you need 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) and 1/3 cup of honey. Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together until well incorporated.
After you have mixed all the ingredients together, place the bowl into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This just allows the mixture to set. Once chilled, remove the mixture from the refrigerator and shape into 1 inch size balls. Store in an air tight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the refrigerator and shape the mixture into 1 inch size balls.
- Place bites into an air tight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: