Vintage Chocolate Coke

Vintage Chocolate Coke  www.thecasualcraftlete.com

Today is my birthday!  Its my actual birthday and my blog’s birthday.  I am 31 today and the blog turns 1.  What an amazing year it has been.  I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate then with a Vintage Chocolate Coke!  You might be asking yourself, chocolate coke…what?  Have you ever heard of it before?  Don’t knock it till you try it.  It is a winning flavor combo!  Sometimes the simplest things truly are the best.

I can’t believe another year has come and gone.  Never ever would I have guessed the success and passion I have for life and this blog.  I have learned a lot about myself and this whole blogging thing  and always stride to do the best I can with the things God has equipped me with.  The older I get, the better life gets.  God has been SO incredibly good and merciful to me.

Now, let’s get to this fabulous drink!

Chocolate Coke by The Casual Craftlete

As a kid I remember my mom making me and my sister chocolate cokes all the time.  It was something she grew up drinking as a kid in the 1950’s.  Her and her family would head downtown to the local drug store and sit at the counter and order chocolate cokes.  This drink recipe is SO incredibly easy, there really isn’t a recipe.  Just good old tried and true Coca Cola and Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup.

Chocolate Coke from The Casual Craftlete

Start by pour about 2 tablespoon of Hershey’s chocolate syrup into the bottom of a glass.  You can add more or less depending on your taste.  For me, I like a lot of chocolate.

Chocolate Coca Cola by The Casual Craftlete

Pour a can or bottle of regular Coca Cola into the glass with the syrup and stir with a spoon until well combine.  You can stop here and have a delicious chocolate coke or you can add some Redi Whip an garnish with a cherry to elevate the drink even more.

Vintage Chocolate Coke by The Casual Craftlete

And there you have it!  Vintage Chocolate Coke.  If you haven’t tried one before, you must!

Thank YOU all so much for making my blog what it is.  Your comments and shares really make The Casual Craftlete a dream of mine come true.  I love you all SO much!  Here’s to a bigger and better year.

Cheers!

Comments

1. Susan says

Happy birthday!
    I have never heard of chocolate coke! I just remember milk and Pepsi from watching Laverne & Shirley. Will definitely have to give it a try.

2. says

I wouldn’t have put this together, but you make it look SOO good! I might just have to try it! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Weekend Wind-Down party! =)

3. says

That looks pretty awesome! Your pictures are beautiful and make me want to make one right now, even though I haven’t had breakfast yet :) thanks for sharing!

4. says

I had to stop by and say that I share your love for chocolate cokes! (well, chocolate diet cokes!) My go-to order at hour hour at Sonic, and I love to make them at home too. I thought I was the only one :)

5. says

Oooh, this looks delicious!! Especially with the whipped cream and a cherry, how could you pass that up!? Stopping by from Work it Wednesday. Oh, and happy belated birthday! Yay for June birthdays; mine was 6/18 :)

6. says

Well. Not sure I want to try this. But your post is really pretty! LOL. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your blog aversay too! I bet my Cowboy might like this. Though I’ll try it for him. Have a wonderful Birthday weekend!
    I enjoyed visiting you from the Weekend Retreat Linky. I just found it today. I linked too! I will look for your follow option so I can come back!
    Happy Birthday!

7. says

This sounds really interesting. I haven’t ever had a coke so I am not sure what it would taste like with the chocolate ;) My husband is a die hard coke fan though, so he would probably love this!

Thanks for linking up to the creative exchange link party. Don’t forget to stop on by on Thursday to link up what you have been working on this week!