Summer is almost here!. So, it’s time to start thinking about decorating! I have a simple step by step tutorial on how to make this lovely Summer Wreath. I love how fun and whimsical this wreath is. The fabric and scrapbook papers are in soft pastel colors, perfect for the sunny summer weather. This wreath will bring cheer and brightness to any door.
- Foam wreath form
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbon (I used 3 different kinds)
- Scrapbook paper
- Paper cutter
- Push pins
- Adhesive tape
First I started with half a yard of fabric. Then I cut the fabric into 2 inch pieces. Take one piece of fabric and glue the end down onto the back of the wreath. Then wrap the fabric around the wreath and glue down that end. Continue to do this step until the wreath is completely covered. *I had about 8 pieces of fabric left over.
Next I made pinwheels.
- Cut your scrapbook paper into an even square. I made one that was 6 inches by 6 inches, a second that was 4 inches by 4 inches, then two more that were 3″ x 3″ and 2″ x 2″.
- Starting at the edge of each corner, cut a diagonal line close to the center of the square. *Do NOT cut to the center completely!
- Take one point of the corner and place the point to the center of the square. Alternate every other corner.
- Use a push pin and poke through all four points of the paper. Then secure the back with the pin.
I made a banner for the wreath using scrapbook paper and a pom pom ribbon.
- I cut six pendents using a 2″ punch. Then I placed letter stickers onto the pendents to spell the word “summer”.
- Using an adhesive tape runner, I place the tape on the front top of the pendents. Then adhered them to the back of the pom pom ribbon so the pom poms would lay on top of the banner.
I hot glued the pom pom ribbon to the back of the wreath. I also used the hot glue gun to glue the pinwheels to the fabric covered wreath.
Then wrapped two different pieces of ribbon to the top of the wreath to hang it up with.