Blackberry Mint Infused Water

Blackberry Mint Infused Water by The Casual Craftlete

It’s officially summer here in Southern Illinois.  It’s been in the mid 80′s all week.  One way I like to cool off is by drinking water.  I just love this Blackberry Mint Infused Water!  I actually like drinking water but sometimes the plain ol water is just boring.  Adding fruit and herbs make it enjoyable and taste delicious.   This is such a refreshing drink and its darn pretty.

Blackberry Mint Water  The Casual Craftlete

My neighbor Amy from A Blossoming Life has a garden and gave me a generous amount of mint.  I already had some blackberries in the ice box and thought the two would be good together.  I was right!  This flavor combo is defiantly a winner.  It almost reminds me of the Blackberry Clearly Canadian.  Do you remember those?  They were a special treat in my house growing up.  I think they were kind of pricey so we only got them occasionally.

Blackberry Mint Infused Water www.thecasualcraftlete.com

There really is no exact recipe for the infused water.  All I did some mash about a handful of blackberries releasing their juices into a pitcher.  Then I rubbed the mint in my hands to release the oils and placed them in the same pitcher.  Just add water and let infuse for at least 2 hours.  I recommend over night for full flavor.  You and your family can drink the blackberry mint infused water on a daily basis or serve at a summer party or bbq.

What other flavored water combos do you like?

Comments

1. Sarah @ SnixyKitchen says

Yes! It’s too darn hot here this week and I could use a quick refresher. I’ve also got a bundle of mint leftover from Mother’s Day agua fresca. Definitely going to put this together:)

2. Sami says

wow, this looks so good! I just love blackberries and black current anything! I’m def. going to have to try it this summer!
    Thanks…pinned!

3. Carrie This Home says

I’m going to have to try this–I drink way too much coffee and flavored drinks with a lot of chemicals in them. This would be so much healthier and it looks so refreshing, too!

4. Elizabeth says

This looks so delicious and refreshing. It is making me thirsty! I definitely love mint and want to try to grow it this year. I already have several other herbs in the works. I guess I will be on the hunt! Thanks for a great post! Now…off to get a drink.

5. Anne says

This does sound delicious! I’ve tried the lemon cucumber combination before, but I have a hard time with cucumber in water. Maybe the blackberry would add enough sweet? I’m glad I found your post through the Monday Funday link party.

6. Jen says

I’m straight up obsessed with infused water right now, thanks to pitcher with a handy little core for infusing that I got for Mother’s Day. This combo sounds delicious!

7. Corey @ TinySidekick says

yummmm! I love jazzing up my water so I drink more of it and it keeps me off of soda. I agree, water can get so boring. I never thought of this combo and can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing at The Makers :) Pinning!

8. deb says

Love infused waters! Made them all last summer. I have lots of mint..why didn’t I ever think about using it?? OY! My brain has turned to much! LOL Thanks for sharing and making me remember the mint!!
    *hugs*deb

9. Leslie says

This would be perfect refresher for the middle of the day. I’m stopping by from the link up & I hope your having a great Wednesday.

10. Nici says

This sounds like an amazingly refreshing drink! I love the addition of the mint! Thanks for linking up to my Creative Ways Link Party this week! Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

11. Vicky says

Hi Katie! I’m stopping by from Mouthwatering Fridays. I’ve made a few infused waters before and they’re definitely a great way to spice up some plain old water. This looks like a delicious combination. And I totally used to love Clearly Canadian when I was growing up too. I used to get them from our local bagel place!

12. Shelly says

This looks delicious. I’ve made mint infused water before but I haven’t added berries. I’m going to have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing it.

13. Katherine says

Hi sweetie! I’m hopping over from the SITS linky party today. Love this fresh and wonderful drink anything with berries gets a yes please from me! I hope you shared at my Thursday hop too ( you can link up through Sat) Hugs!

14. Alex | Thrifty Below says

This looks so delicious! I usually kick it old school and just add lemon to my water, but as summer approaches I’ve been seeing a lot of these fruit and herb combos, so I think I need to try something new! I pinned this to try later. Yum!

Stopping by from the Creative Ways link party.

15. Tanya says

This looks and sounds amazing Katie!! I love the flavor blend too, good idea. Thank you so much for sharing at the Inspiration Monday party, pinning & sharing on FB today :)

xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

16. Summer says

I just love how fresh this looks – I bet it tastes so good and refreshing! Thanks for linking up at The Creative Exchange linky party!