I swear me and my family could eat Mexican every night. We really do love it that much! Today, I want to share with you my Fresh Pico De Gallo recipe. I have bought Pico De Gallo in the store that is already made and just really never liked it until I started making my own with fresh whole ingredients. Using fresh produce really makes the food taste so much better and it’s healthier for you too.
This month I am doing the Whole30 program where I can only eat certain foods. So, I have to be creative with my cooking. Last night I made tacos using lean ground beef, added my homemade taco seasoning then topped it off with Pico De Gallo. It was so delicious, I didn’t miss the taco shells at all. This recipe is easy to make. Just a few fresh ingredients and a sharp knife to chop up all the veggies.
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes
- ½ purple onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 handful cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt to taste (about 1 tsp)
- Start by cutting your tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds and inside flesh. Dice the tomatoes and put into a bowl.
- Dice the onion and garlic and put into the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno then dice and add to bowl.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and place into bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl then add salt to taste. Stir well.
- Serve with chips or use as a topping on hamburgers and tacos.