I’m sure you’ve heard of breakfast for dinner, but have you heard of having dinner for breakfast? Tacos are usually a dinner or lunch entrée, but these breakfast tacos are perfect when eaten first thing in the morning. Kids will love eating Sausage and Egg Waffle Tacos, since they are made with all of the traditional foods of breakfast but are a lot of fun to eat. If you want something that’s easy to prepare but still delicious, then this will certainly solve your problem!
- 10 frozen round buttermilk waffles
- 8 ounces Odom’s Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Original
- Maple-flavored or pancake syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 5 waffles on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until waffles are thawed. Repeat with remaining 5 waffles. Fold thawed waffles in half and secure with wooden picks. Place on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until waffles are crisp. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. Add Egg Beaters to same skillet; cook without stirring until edges and bottom begin to set. Gently turn to scramble; continue cooking until set.
- Remove wooden picks from waffles. Divide sausage evenly between waffles; top evenly with Egg Beaters. Drizzle with syrup, if desired.
If you would like to find some dinner ideas that are as easy as this recipe, swing by ReadySetEat.com!