No Bake Cookies hold a very special place in my heart. It is the first cookie I made all by myself. I remember making these yummy peanut butter, chocolate and oats cookies in my 6th grade Home Ec class. I don’t even think they still offer home economics in middle school?! I put a modern twist on the cookies by using Almond Milk.
I love No Bake Cookies because they are simple to make. No baking evolved (hence the name), just stiring a few ingredients over a stove top then lay them out to dry, I mean if a class of thirty 6th grades can make these cookies, I’d say they’re pretty fail proof.
I am on a almond milk kick right now. I just made some PB2 Oatmeal using that milk. Have you ever used it before? I definitely like the unsweetened almond milk better the the vanilla. It’s a great alternative for dairy and the cookies still taste amazing!
- ½ cup or 1 stick unsalted Butter
- 2 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Peanut Butter (I use smooth)
- 3¼ cup Quick cooking Oats
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combined stick butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder in a large saucepan over high heat
- Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute
- Remove saucepan and stir in peanut butter, oats and vanilla extract
- Drop about 1 Tbsp of the mixture onto wax/foil paper
- Let cool until the cookie have set