I love Chicken Salad but hate celery. Anytime I go to a restaurant all the chicken salad sandwiches have celery in it. That’s why I have been making my own recipe for several years now. It is so light and refreshing. I like to serve my chicken salad on a piece of Romaine lettuce to save on the extra carbs.
This recipe is so easy to make. It really takes no time at all. I make this on a Sunday evening and then I have lunch for the next few days. My husband won’t eat any kind of chicken salad, so that leaves more for me to enjoy.
- 1 12.5 oz can chicken breast in water
- 1 red apple
- ½ cup seedless green grapes
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- Drain the canned chicken and place into a large bowl
- Chop up apple and add to chicken
- Slice grapes in half and to to bowl
- Mix in pecan and mayo until well incorporated
- Serve chilled on a leaf of Romaine lettuce