This recipe takes me back to my college days when I was in an all girls small group at church. My friend and group leader at that time showed me how to make these easy and delicious enchiladas. This recipe is SO good that it is still a staple in my house from many years ago.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 package of soft taco shells
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bites size pieces.
- Place the chicken in a skillet with 1 Tbs butter and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the cream cheese in the skillet with the chicken and cook until melted.
- In the meantime pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 to 2 Tbs of the chicken and cream cheese mixture in the soft shells.
- Wrap tight and lay in the baking dish. Once all the the shells have been filled with the mixture, pour the can of enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
In a large skillet cook your cut pieces of chicken breast with 1 tbs of butter on medium to high heat until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink on the inside.
Add the block of cream cheese to the cooked chicken and cook until the cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place 1 to 2 tbs of the chicken and cream cheese mixture into one soft taco shell. I was able to make 7 enchiladas with the mixture. You may make more or less depending on how much of the mixture you put in the shells.
Pour the enchilada sauce on top of all the stuffed shells.
Then, sprinkle the top with Mexican cheese. You can add as much or as little cheese as you like.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
You can add any toppings to the chicken enchiladas as you please. I like sour cream and green onions.
These Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are great served with Mexican rice.