A few weeks ago my daughter and I had a playdate with some friends at their house. While the kids were off playing, my friend made this tasty turkey taco soup. It was SO good! I’m pretty sure I had at least two bowls of soup. As a mom, I love to make food that is hearty and healthy. You can’t go wrong with the recipe. I altered the ingredients to my liking. That’s the great thing about cooking, you can do whatever suites you tastes and needs.
Here are the ingredients I used (of course you can add whatever you’d like):
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can whole kerrenl corn
- 1 can kidney beans (you can use black beans, I’m just not a fan)
- 2 small cans tomato sauce (or 1 large one if you store sells them)
- 3 Tbs of my Homemade Taco Seasoning
I bought all of the ingredients at Aldi, so they are all off brands except the turkey. They sell Jennie- O turkey that is amazing!
Step 1: Brown the turkey in a skillet on the stove over medium high heat. You want to make sure the turkey is fully cooked to instructions on the package.
Step 2: Spray a large crock pot with cooking spray. Then, add your turkey, taco seasoning and all the canned food items including the juice. Mix well. Cook in the crock pot on low for 2-3 hours or 1 hour on high.
* You can serve this soup with just about anything you like. We like ours with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Corn bread, purple onion, and jalapenos are also great!
This soup is SO easy to make and feeds a lot of people. It would be great on a cold night this fall or when company comes over to watch a football game.
You can get the recipe to my Homemade Taco Seasoning HERE!